Our research aim is to set up and perform high quality analyses addressing questions mainly in the field of proteomics.
We are continuously trying to improve our mass-spectrometry platform with new methodological, instrumental and software tool developments for the:
• Analysis of proteins in any organism, in any tissue or cell type, using variable sample preparation methods depending on the research question.
• Targeted as well as untargeted proteomic workflows. Label free quantification of proteomes. Labeled based quantification using variable reporter ion chemistries.
• Generation of sensitive results from limited initial material, such as FACS sorted cells and isolated exosomes.
• Studying of protein interaction networks and their visualization.
• Finding and characterizing protein modifications using “Open searches” such as PTM Shepard.
• Characterization of microbial populations taxonomically using metaproteomic platforms as well as functional characterization of altered microbial proteomes.
• Elucidation of drug interactions with proteomes chemo-proteomic approaches.
• Clinical and pre-clinical proteomic projects as well as the proteogenomic-assisted analysis of samples.
• Numerous software solutions often used in parallel in order to extract the most from the experimental data. Main tools in usage are DIA-NN, Proteome Discoverer 2.4 (Thermo), MaxQuant/Perseus, Skyline, MSFragger, EpiProfile, iMetaLab, MSStats.