The BSRC Fleming Flow Cytometry and Cell Sorting Facility is equipped with the BD FACS Canto II analyzer capable for up to 8-colour analysis and high-throughput applications and the BD FACS Celesta analyzer capable for up to 12-colour analysis as well as an 18-colour BD FACS Aria III cell-sorting unit operating under BSL-2 with enhanced precautions (during sorting operations).
The Facility provides investigators with support for flow cytometric analysis and operator-based cell sorting. Its personnel offer maintenance of the instruments, training and assistance on instrument usage and running of cell sorting experiments. Protocol design and establishment as well as troubleshooting and results analysis and interpretation are also provided depending upon the researcher's knowledge and requirements.
Flow cytometric analysis and cell sorting services are also available to external user.
The Facility also offers services for analysis of clinical-chemical and hematological parameters. It is equipped with Mindray BC5000Vet, a 5Diff Ηematology analyzer capable of mouse blood analysis and the Beckman Coulter AU480 Biochemical analyzer.
The Flow Cytometry and Cell Sorting facility is a key participant in the National Research Infrastructure InfrafrontierGR/Phenotypos.
BD FACS Aria III
BD FACS Canto II, BD FACS Celesta
Beckman Coulter AU480
Clinical Chemistry Analyzer
The services provided include:
- Multiparametric flow cytometric analysis
- Flow cytometric functional assay analysis (such as cell cycle, apoptosis and proliferation)
- Multiplex bead-based immunoassay analysis
- Isolation of Cellular subsets for functional assays
- Isolation of Cellular subsets for sequencing
- Single cell sorting
Clinical chemistry and Hematology
- Complete 5 population mouse blood count.
- Detection and quantification of common mouse serum/plasma and urine electrolytes, metabolites and enzymes.
- Assays for the identification of cellular and molecular perturbations during phenotyping or disease modelling using cells in biological fluids (e.g. blood/sera) or tissues
- Establishment and optimization of customized cell sorting platforms
Services Request and Information
Sofia Grammenoudi, PhD
Staff Scientist B'
Facility Scientific and Operational Manager
Kleopatra Dagla, MSc
Facility Technician and Instrument Operator